Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Get an RSS Feed URL for your blog

I needed a URL for an RSS feed for my author's page. Luckily, there's an excellent video by Dave Saunders describing this process.




As described in the video, simply add /feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
to the end of your blog URL.

So the information I submitted to my author's page was: http://gardenladylovesbirds.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

and titles are visible that link to my latest Garden Lady posts. If you want more of each blog to show, that can be adjusted in Settings on your blog interface.

The only problem I had was when I tried to test the RSS URL using Chrome browser, I got a page full of code. I could see the actual website fine in Firefox. 

The RSS feed works in Chrome. It's just the test that showed code.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your professional comments.